THE HIT TV SHOW, STRICTLY COME DANCING, IS BACK ON BRITISH TV SCREENS!
Strictly Come Dancing, the TV show where celebrities learn various Ballroom and Latin dances, is back on our screens in the UK with 15 new celebrities ready to learn a new skill.
Each celebrity gets paired up with an international professional dancer and is taught a new routine in a new style of dance every week. Below are the 15 celebrities, and who they are paired with.
- Anneke Rice and Kevin Clifton
- James Cracknell and Luba Mushtuk
- Dev Griffin and Dianne Buswell
- Alex Scott and Neil Jones
- Viscountess Emma Weymouth and Aljaž Škorjanec
- Karim Zeroual and Amy Dowden
- Emma Barton and Anton Du Beke
- Michelle Visage and Giovanni Pernicc
- Will Bayley and Janette Manrara
- Mike Bushell and Katya Jones
- Saffron Barker and AJ Pritchard
- Chris Ramsay and Karen Clifton
- Catherine Tyldesley and Johannes Radebe
- David James and Nadiya Bychkova
Jamie Laing was due to participate in the competition, but due to injury in the 'launch show' Jamie will no longer be participating. His replacement is Kelvin Fletcher who is now partnered with Oti Mabuse.
The first 'live' show which was shown on Saturday 21st September featured many dances, including; 5 Cha Cha's, 2 Tango's, 2 Foxtrot's, 2 Quicksteps, 2 Jives, 1 Viennese Waltz and 1 Samba.
Kelvin Fletcher, who came late to the party, scored a massive 32/40 on his Samba... This was the highest score of the night and is extremely high for week 1. Kelvin's partner, Oti Mabuse, is also the only pro dancer to score a perfect 40 on a Samba.
The lowest score of the night was James Cracknell and Luba Mushtuk, scoring 11 points for his tango.
There was no elimination on week 1, however, as week 2 approaches an elimination also approaches. 2 celebrities will be dancing off to save there place in the competition, and 1 will be the first to leave the competition.